Friday, November 9, 2007

Well, here ya go.

I've gone and done it. Here I sit. On a blog. With a virgin post. I've resisted the urge to start a blog for quite some time. Until now, the thought of adding any further commitments to my life seemed nothing short of absurd. But, as absurdity is a frequent visitor to my world, it's not much of an excuse.

So, what will this blog cover? Yarn and the various things that people, mostly me and my yarn peeps, do with it. That's it. And that's quite enough. It's a topic that occupies quite a slice of the cyberspace pie already. I nibble and taste that pie every night as I click through my favorite knitting and crochet blogs. Maybe I can add a little something. Perhaps not. Either way, no one gets hurt.

But I must admit it will take all my strength not to wax political, philosophical or maniacal. There are things going on in this world that cut my heart right out on a daily basis. But I have other outlets for those musings. As for yarn blather, my family, coworkers and friends (those not already sucked into my madness) are threatening to mutiny if I don't stop pestering them with updates on FOs, WIPs, frog sessions and fiber crawls. Though I feel compelled to note that there are those that benefit quite nicely from my little obsession. Case in point:


So, here ya go. I give you Club Yarn. Stop by when you can for your daily fiber allowance. See what I'm up to or obsessing about. Let me know what you think.

ps. A big 'ol shout out to T for helping me get this blog going and to lil' H for being so patient because this assistance was provided in the middle of his dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a cat named K.C. and she would love to have one of those cat beds. If someone loved me like they say they do, they would make me one for her for Christmas.

I liked your blog. It doesn't surprise me how talented you are. I guess you must take after your MOTHER for sure. I can't wait to see what you are up to next. Thanks for doing this for people like me to get new ideas.

Guess Who?

ann said...

congrats on your new site - it looks great! I especially love your kitty-pi bed!