Thursday, December 13, 2007

Deliver me already!

With the exception of a good yarn or fabric crawl, I generally hate to shop. (I know, I'm some kind of mutant.) I buy almost all non-grocery items online. As a not-interested-in-ever-recovering coffee addict, I recently purchased a new coffee maker for my office. I simply cannot take out a second mortgage to support daily lattes at the local coffee shop, even if the adorable barristas do know my name and my "usual".

The new coffee maker? It's this one. It uses the prepackaged coffee "pods" to make individual cups. Now, before anyone blows an environmental gasket, I plan to make my own pods eventually from a reusable pod maker thingy. But I am still reviewing my options in this regard and, until then, I'm gettin some pods.




Aren't they cute?


I ordered some from Amazon. They were supposed to arrive two days ago. They're still not here. This is not typical in my . . . well . . . let's just say "ample" ordering experience with Amazon. So being of a curious nature, I investigated. Now for comparison purposes, my other related orders from Amazon took a short and efficient journey. They were shipped from Louisville, KY to a town in my state and then next landed in my town for delivery. Boom, boom, boom.

But, according to the track and confirm report for this UPS shipment, my AWOL pods have been doing a tour of the eastern seaboard:

December 7, 2007 05:03:01 PM US Carrier notified to pick up package
December 7, 2007 08:05:00 PM LEXINGTON KY US Shipment picked up from seller's facility
December 10, 2007 09:56:00 AM LEXINGTON KY US Departure Scan
December 10, 2007 10:08:00 PM BALTIMORE MD US Arrival Scan
December 11, 2007 05:33:00 AM BALTIMORE MD US Departure Scan
December 11, 2007 10:00:00 AM
SECAUCUS NJ US Arrival Scan
December 11, 2007 10:43:00 PM
SECAUCUS NJ US Departure Scan
December 12, 2007 03:20:00 AM BALTIMORE MD US Arrival Scan [AGAIN????]
December 12, 2007 04:38:00 AM BALTIMORE MD US Departure Scan
December 12, 2007 10:07:00 AM RICHMOND VA US Arrival Scan

December 12, 2007 11:06:00 AM RICHMOND VA US Departure Scan
December 12, 2007 02:46:00 PM MY TOWN US Arrival Scan
December 12, 2007 04:43:00 PM MY TOWN US Departure Scan
[Why are we now DEPARTING from the CORRECT TOWN?????]
December 13, 2007 07:33:00 AM MY TOWN US Out for delivery
[That’s more like it.]
December 13, 2007 11:51:00 AM MY TOWN NC US Delivered
[WOOOHOOOO!!!!]

As you can see, they have now been delivered - late but well-traveled. I hope this improves the flavor. But if I were my pods, I would get a new travel agent. No need to go to Baltimore twice in two days, especially if you can't stay long enough to get some of those awesome crab cakes.

Well, drafting this blog post is making me want a cup. Ta-ta.




ps. As for the connection of this post to yarn: 1) If I don't drink coffee there is no yarn play or articulable speech for that matter; and 2) My yarn club meets in a coffee shop. Any arguments/ questions/challenges? Good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I notice they must have raised quite a ruckus upon their arrival in Seacaucus, as they departed 43 minutes later. Can't say I blame them.

Anonymous said...

Those pods are more well traveled than I am!