Sunday, March 9, 2008

Fred's turn


Ain't he handsome?

This is Colonel Frederick Augustus Olds (1853-1935), the founder of the North Carolina Museum of History. He's another one of the bronze statues that greet me on my walk to and from the office. One of his buddies was the recent model for my alpaca scarf. Fred was hurt by this. I could tell. He just had this look.

So to make it up to him, I let him model my new cowl. It was a spontaneous cast-on. I have been DYING to use this yarn for something. It's sock yarn but there were just too many socks in the queue for me to get to it soon enough.


Pattern: Pasmina Cowl from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Sundara sock yarn, colorway "Teal over Conch"
Needles: US 4 circular

This was a super simple pattern. And sometimes you need a neck warmer that's not as fiddly as a scarf. And I cannot tell you how much I love Sundara's yarn. She has a gift for layering colors that I have yet to find elsewhere. This colorway is one of her limited edition colors meaning it will not be repeated. Shucks.

Nummy.


Now I just need to find something for her to model. She's already pouting.

No comments: